This month it's been 30 years since Stephen Levy's book 'Hackers' was published. Arguably one of most influencial works on the subject, 'Hackers' introduced the principle of "hacker ethic". Still as fresh as it was 30 years ago:
- Access to computers should be unlimited and total.
- Always yield to the Hands-On Imperative
- All information should be free.
- Mistrust authority – promote decentralization.
- Hackers should be judged by their hacking.
- You can create art and beauty on a computer.
- Computers can change your life for the better.